During the valuation of the intellectual property, we perform the survey and evaluation of the intellectual property or intellectual property portfolio in order to ensure that it has a real market value interpretable from the aspect of accounting and appears as a competitive and sellable product on the market.
The quantitative valuation is based upon financial calculations considering the market potential and the market characteristics. We perform intellectual property valuation by combining our knowledge and experience in the fields of intellectual property rights, finance and economics and market research.
Intellectual property valuation is an essential tool of any successful technology transfer activity.
- We recommend it to any organisations that
- plan to sell their intellectual property (either through licensing or by selling the property rights), but do not know its real market value
- plan to raise capital with a financial investor (business angel, venture capital, private equity)
- plan to sell their enterprise
- plan to merge with a third party
- plan to start a spin-off enterprise with the existing intellectual property as apport
- plan to purchase or invest in an intellectual property
- are interested in a real market value of the intellectual property portfolio of their organisation with the objective to determine the value of the organisation
- The service could prove especially useful to the following market players:
- Innovative enterprises
- Research institutes, universities, technology transfer offices
- Government subsidy organisations
We utilise our experiences and professional skills in the fields of economics, market research and analytics to perform the valuation of the intellectual product and assess the real market value.
Our senior consulting staff members with secondary and tertiary qualifications specialising in intellectual property rights also participate in the preparatory process of valuation.